A lot of the dropshipping automation tools connect with Chinese marketplaces like Aliexpress. Few of them offer integrations with global ecommerce marketplaces like Dropified does.
Dropified is an automation tool that offers one-click integrations with 80+ ecommerce marketplaces. A lot of them are in the USA.
In today’s Dropified review, we will look at this powerful tool up and close. It will help you come to an informed and objective decision about whether or not, Dropified works for your business.
Dropified is a dropshipping automation tool that connects you with suppliers in 80+ ecommerce B2C and B2B marketplaces. A lot of these suppliers are present in key dropshipping marketplaces like the US & EU.
This allows you to leverage faster shipping, which is a critical parameter in these marketplaces. And it gives you access to product feeds that are already optimized for maximum conversions, when you want to start dropshipping them through your ecommerce store.
A vast majority of the dropshipping automation tools in the marketplace currently, limit your options to Aliexpress. But most experienced dropshippers prefer working with platforms that offer faster shipping, verified suppliers and the ability to scale.
That’s where Dropified can prove to be invaluable.
If you have worked with other dropshipping automation tools, you’ll find that Dropified works in a very similar fashion. You create an account, you sync your ecommerce platform with the tool and you start to import products.
Of course, there are tons of features on offer, including complete automation of the entire dropshipping supply chain. That includes automated product imports into the store based on some preset rules that you create.
Pretty cool, eh? But we all know that automation can at times, backfire. Thankfully, Dropified goes the extra mile to ensure that you have complete control over all your automation. Every automated workflow can be customized endlessly. Also, manual overrides to automation rules are fast and effortless.
Here’s a basic workflow for your better understanding.
- Create an account on Dropified, which will give you access to their fluidly-designed dashboard.
- On the app, you Click on ‘Connect Store’ and select the ecommerce platform from the list of options. If you are planning to sell on WooCommerce, Shopify, CommerceHQ & GrooveKart, Dropified can integrate with them seamlessly. Just login to your account on these platforms and click to connect the store.
- Next, look up for a product on Dropified. You will be amazed at the number of parameters that you can use to filter the products. You can then create groups of similar products, or niches and then bulk import them into your ecommerce store.
- On the chrome extension, you can head to any one of the 80+ marketplaces, find a product, click on the chrome extension icon and directly import products into your ecommerce store. You can even save the product for later.
- You are all set to start selling.
We will touch more on the features that we believe, sets it apart from the competition in a bit.
Pros and Cons of Dropified
Let’s take an objective look at the advantages and disadvantages of Dropified.
1) US Suppliers – Shopify connects you with 80+ marketplaces and product catalogs including US based ones like Amazon, eBay, Costco, Staples, Wish, Macy’s, Wayfair and many more. Also, the integration with these marketplaces is seamless. You can just browse, select a product, tweak the listing and import it as easily as importing a product from Aliexpress is.
This offers dropshippers a great advantage if you are targeting the United States. The products will ship from the US, meaning you can offer faster shipping which allows you to stand out from the competition.
2) Supply Chain Automation – The ever increasing competition has made dropshipping a grind for many retailers. Dropship automation is the best way to keep up with your competitors. Dropified automates product listing creation, listings optimization, inventory management and fulfillment.
It’ll save you hours of manual labor every day and help you immensely when you are looking to scale. In fact, you don’t even need to manually enter the order details into Aliexpress, or eBay. Dropified automatically sends the order details to the right supplier without you having to lift a finger.
3) Multiple Store Management – If you are selling on multiple platforms, or want to test the waters before diving in, Dropified offers a feature which lets you manage all your stores from a single dashboard.
This is really helpful as it minimizes the number of tools that you need to use and also keeps track of all your sales and performance data in one place. Imagine a single dashboard for your stores in different niches with hundreds of vendors. All of this automated from end to end.
4) Group Volume Pricing – Dropified has a feature called ‘Group Volume Pricing’ that gives you access to thousands of wholesale products at unbeatable prices. You just need to order the minimum order quantity that it takes for the pricing and browse through their cataloging to find a whole bunch of amazing products for your store.
Expensive Plans – We will go over this in detail in our pricing review. But for now, you need to know that Dropified plans can be very expensive if you are a new dropshipper. The monthly $19 price for the Build Plan, for instance might seem to be very cost effective.
But a 3% wholesale transaction fees apply on every order. This can eat into your profits by a fair bit.
Customers mention tech issues – We also found a lot of Dropified customer reviews where they mention issues with product imports and image tweaks. We understand that many of these reviews are old and the app is constantly upgraded to improve the customer experience. But if you are looking for a hassle-free, seamless experience, this might be an issue to consider.
Let’s take a look at some of the features and benefits that Dropified offers its users.
One of the big draws of Dropified is its ability to quickly and easily import products from 80+ supplier marketplaces and catalogs. The entire list is quite extensive. But it covers the vast expanse of the online retail market. You can find products from the big boys like Amazon, Walmart and eBay to the niche marketplaces of health supplements and CBD products.
The supplier footprint spans the whole world ranging from China to India to EU and USA. The best part is that searches and imports on all 80+ of these platforms are one-click enabled. You can search using a wide range of parameters and import the products directly into your store. Customization is equally simple, which is very important.
The last thing you need is products from different marketplaces imported in different formats and dimensions which you cannot tweak without jumping through hoops.
Dropified also allows you to import reviews from Aliexpress. This is a great way to beef up your product pages with user generated content and give potential buyers an idea of how the product has performed in the past. However, it would have been great if this feature was extended for products from other marketplaces as well.
Having said that, we must mention that Dropified only offers automated order fulfillment on two of these marketplaces, which is Aliexpress from China and eBay from the US. For the rest, you’ll have to manually place orders for fulfillment.
As you’d have read numerous times by now, Dropified offers one-click imports. But what about customization and product management? Thankfully, there’s no dearth of options there either.
Dropified allows you to tweak products at two touchpoints.
1) Before you import the product into the store – When you import a product, you get an option to ‘Save for Later’. These products are not connected to your store yet. They are stored instead, in the ‘Saved for Later’ section of the Dropified app. You can further customize these products, through a variety of parameters like title, price, weight, type, vendor name, and description.
But there’s an important thing that you can only do at this point. That’s adding or deleting variants. This is the easier way to manage variant products that you might be working with, without having to manually enter them into your store.
2) After the product is imported – The import page for every product has a ‘Customize’ button on it. This is where you make all the tweaks and customizations as required. But to add a variant, you will have to head to the store admin and do it from there, which is more time and labor intensive.
One of the best features of the product editing interface is image edits. Dropified has an integrated image editor that is simple to use and offers a wide range of customization options. You can resize, crop, rotate pictures, add filters and text and even create collages. That’s just the basic editor for you.
They also have an advanced image editor called ‘Photopea’ with more advanced Photoshop-like capabilities. This ease of image editing is great for quickly tweaking product images on the go, without having to rely on an external editor.
If you use the Shopify platform, then Dropified offers a great feature called Price edits in bulk. This allows you to make price changes to hundreds of products in a single click. You can use a fixed amount or a percentage to set the price. Dropified has mentioned that this feature will soon be expanded to include other ecommerce platforms as well.
Last but not the least, we love the ‘Save to board’ features which draws inspiration from Pinterest and lets you create boards of specific products for research. You can search products, add to boards and then tweak and import. Boards are like a collection of similar products that you might want to add to your store at a later time.
Dropified offers both automated order fulfillment, bulk order processing and manual order fulfillment depending on the marketplace that you are sourcing from. If you are sourcing from Aliexpress and eBay, you can set up an auto order fulfillment rule.
Dropified will automatically place orders for products that have been sold on your store and send out the relevant order details to the sellers on these marketplaces. When the order is fulfilled, the tracking information is automatically updated in your store admin. You don’t even need to lift a finger!
There’s another option where the order is fulfilled automatically. But Dropified adds a layer in between. This allows you to select the shipping provider for each order. This can be particularly useful if you want to offer different shipping providers based on different rules.
That said, Dropified allows you to filter the products by ePacket shipping or without it. So, you can pretty much weed out ePacket vendors if you want to, before you even add the product to your store.
If you are sourcing from other marketplaces, then you will have to place orders manually and Dropified will not be able to fulfill them automatically. However, you can still process orders in bulk and save time.
To do this, go to the Orders tab on Dropified and select the orders that you want to process. You can then click on the ‘Process’ button and all the orders will be fulfilled automatically.
Aliextractor is the top selling product research tool on Shopify and it’s one of the most popular tools on the internet. It allows you to quickly find winning products on Aliexpress using a variety of different filters.
Aliextractor comes integrated with Dropified. So, you can actually use it to save tons of time during your product research phase. Here’s a look at some of the features you can use to narrow down on winning and lucrative products.
- Best selling products – How many times have vendors sold a particular product in the recent past? More vendors and more sales indicate a bestseller. Less work for you because the product will already be popular on social media.
- Trending products – Products that are currently trending on social media are a great opportunity to capitalize on. They already have the attention of your target market and you can ride the wave by stocking them in your store.
- Products with high ratings – Products with high ratings tend to be more successful as people are more likely to buy something that has been positively reviewed by others.
- Idea Generator – Have a rough idea of the kind of product you’d like to sell? Just enter some basic information and click on the light bulb icon. Aliextractor will find the most similar products on Aliexpress!
From profit estimation to niche-related product research, Aliextractor is a powerhouse when it comes to product research.
Many beginner dropshippers dont have the faintest idea on how to accurately calculate the profits on their store. That’s because there are several parameters that can affect the profit and many of them are dynamic.
Dropshipping can be a very lucrative business if done correctly, but it’s not as simple as throwing products up on your store and watching the money flow in. The Profit Dashboard is an essential feature of Dropified that takes all the guesswork out of dropshipping.
It gives you an overview of your profits and shows you how much money you are making in real. You can calculate net profits, enter advertising costs, sync your fulfillment costs depending on the supplier and analyze all of these metrics to find areas that you can improve on and earn more.
You can also track your advertising costs, ad engagements and even view the source of traffic that is converting best for your store. The Profit Dashboard will keep you updated about how much profit you make every day, which products are performing well and what needs to be improved on your store.
Dropified has three pricing tiers. The first one is a lifetime free plan called the ‘Research Plan’. This plan gives you access to both, the chrome extension as well as the dropified dashboard.
It’s a great way to test the waters as well as get an idea of how extensive the features and tools are. You can research and even save up to 500 products. But you cannot import any. In other words, if you want to know how Dropified helps you find and automate dropshipping, you can try it for free.
The second pricing tier is the ‘Build Plan’. This costs $19/month and 3% wholesale transaction fees. This was 8% initially. But it has thankfully been revised. The Build Plan gives you access to all the features of Dropified including product research, importing products, order fulfillment and more. You can save up to 1000 products and process up to 500 orders. A new add-on feature is an API for automated order fulfillment from Alibaba.
The Grow Plan is priced at $47/mo and it gives you access to an unlimited number of orders. There is also a priority chat and email support and access to an affiliate program.
Dropified offers a unique toolset and some distinct advantages for entrepreneurs looking to scale their business. However, it also has some alternatives you might want to consider before making a final decision. Here are some of the most popular ones.
Oberlo is one of the most popular dropshipping apps around for Shopify stores. It offers dropshipping entrepreneurs an easy cloud-based interface connecting them with suppliers in China.
Also, it offers a chrome extension, pretty similar to what Dropified offers, to help with one-click imports from Aliexpress. Oberlo also has a built-in order fulfillment system which makes it an attractive choice for entrepreneurs looking for a one-stop-shop.
- Vetted Suppliers – Oberlo offers you a list of legitimate, vetted suppliers. If you are starting off with dropshipping, this lets you avoid the perilous seller screening process.
- Automation – Oberlo automates most of the order fulfillment process for you. This makes it less time consuming and allows you to focus on more important tasks.
- Real Time Order tracking – You can track your orders on a real-time basis and provide timely updates to customers who are anxious to know the status.
If you are running your dropshipping store on Shopify and are looking to source primarily from China, then Oberlo is an excellent choice. It offers a lot of the same features as Dropified at a fraction of the price. Their free plan is comprehensive and we know of businesses who have tested the waters using this for a long time.
There’s less automation and fewer marketplaces to source from. But for beginner businesses, we don’t think that this will be a deal breaker.
Learn More: Oberlo Dropshipping Review Dropified vs Oberlo
DSers goes one step ahead from where Oberlo stops. It offers easy integration with Aliexpress. But it’s not limited to Shopify sellers only. Instead, it supports stores on Shopify, Woocommerce, BigCommerce, WordPress and more.
This makes it an attractive choice for entrepreneurs who are looking to start dropshipping on different platforms. It also offers a wide range of features such as order tracking, bulk automatic order fulfillment, supplier management and more.
Place Bulk Orders – Large dropshipping businesses who run multiple stores and source from Aliexpress often have to face the hassle of placing several orders on Aliexpress. DSers helps you place these large orders in one click allowing you to save time and money.
Complete Automation – Dsers is pretty close to a fully automated dropshipping solution. It offers a wide range of automation features from automated tracking number updates to automated pricing rules and shipping selector to name a few.
Unique Deals – Dsers allows you to narrow down on the best products using their unique filters. Once you have found a product, you can use some smart price mark ups to create unique deals like ‘Buy One Get One Free’.
DSers is an excellent all-in-one dropshipping solution for dropshippers who want to start and manage their business on different eCommerce platforms. It offers a wide range of features and automation tools and is very flexible.
Their Free Plan is robust and should be enough for most small businesses to get started.
Learn More: DSers Dropshipping Reivew Oberlo vs Dsers
Woodropship is Woocommerce’s answer to the growing number of Shopify dropshippers. It has a dedicated plugin for Woocommerce and WordPress that can help you import thousands of products from Aliexpress in just one click.
It offers some pretty powerful automation tools too. Here’s a look.
Unlimited Product Imports – Many dropshipping software limit the number of products you can import from their chosen marketplace. Woodropship does not have such a limitation and lets you import as many products as you want from Aliexpress.
Variant Mapping – Sometimes, different suppliers have different variants for the same product. Woodropship’s variant mapping tool automatically maps variants from different suppliers to the correct WooCommerce product variation. This saves you the trouble of manually doing this for thousands of products.
Bespoke Dropshipping Store – Woodropsip has a paid service where they can design a custom dropshipping store that matches your branding and business needs. From imports to tweaks to research, a qualified team will take care of everything for you.
Woodropship is an excellent toolkit for entrepreneurs who want to start dropshipping on the Woocommerce platform. It offers a wide range of features and automation tools, and lets you import an unlimited number of products from Aliexpress.
At just $49/mo, their Pro Plan is also very affordable and should be enough for most small businesses.
We are not trying to toot our own horn. But Sourcingbro is one of the best alternatives to Spocket.
Unlike Spocket which is a software service, we are a small team of professionals with extensive experience in different roles across the ecommerce supply chain. In a nutshell, we are one of the leading sourcing agents in China who can also handle complete order fulfillment for you.
If you prefer a hands-off approach to dropshipping that lets you focus on sales and marketing instead, then we have you covered.
Here’s a look at the key features of Sourcingbro.
- Personalized Customer Support – Sourcingbro is your partner on ground. This means that we keep a vigilant eye on the complete supply chain for you. You don’t have to rely on slow email or chat support. A member of our team will be available to answer your queries and grievances at all times.
- Choosing swift and reliable ecommerce solutions – From standard dropshipping to a private label dropshipping brand and picking the fastest and cheapest logistics service, Sourcingbro can offer reliable and fast solutions for you.
- Automated fulfillment – We handle complete order fulfillment from pick and pack, until delivery to the customer. Also we offer Delivery duty paid services, which is hassle free.
Dropified Review: Conclusion
Dropified is one of the most popular dropshipping automation tools available today. It offers a wide range of features and is very flexible. It offers dropshippers an opportunity to source from as many as 80+ global marketplaces, which is no mean feat.
The automated order fulfillment might be limited to Aliexpress and eBay. But those two marketplaces are so huge by themselves, that even experienced dropshipping entrepreneurs will find enough variety and features to set up a successful dropshipping empire.